Mecelec Design Ltd offers considerable expertise and experience in design and engineering of high pressure hydraulics and associated control systems. Capability includes a full range of phosphate esters including Skydrol and other specialist aviation fluids, including aviation fuel.
In addition, to gain experience with the more normal mineral oils, many test rigs have been designed and built for the testing of diesel injector units. These rigs operate at 2,400 bar using Castrol Test Oil as the hydraulic medium.
Mecelec Design Ltd has experience in the use of specially engineered hydraulic systems utilising a complete range of fluids, including:
- Road vehicle engine oil
- Road vehicle brake fluid
- Engine antifreeze mixture
- Aircraft hydraulic fluid
- Aircraft brake fluid
Mecelec Design Ltd has the expertise to produce hydraulic systems utilising servo control to achieve accurate machine control. The simplest form of a servo control system may be used to produce accurate positional control of a hydraulic ram. These servo systems may be augmented to provide control of other parameters, such as the force of an actuator or the pressure in a hydraulic system. Using a hydraulic actuator under positional control to regulate a valve, the pressure in a secondary fluid can be controlled. This arrangement can provide control of fluids that would not be possible with direct servo control due to extremes of temperature, high flow, aggressive fluids and so on. These systems also include the ability to conduct pressure profiling of aircraft systems, such as operation of slats and flap hydraulic systems.
Other examples of projects requiring closed loop servo control include:
- Pressure cycle durability testing of vehicle heat exchangers
- Radiators, oil coolers, charge air coolers, evaporators and condensers
- Pressure cycle durability testing of vehicle oil filters
- Pressure cycle durability testing of hoses,
- vehicle hoses, hydraulic hoses and fuel transfer hoses
Hydraulic equipment design expertise includes:
- Hydraulic power pack
- Pressure, flow and power ratings, reservoir size
- Offline filtration, pressure line filtration
- Air cooled, water cooled, separate pumped loop or return to tank
- Actuator sizing
- Speed, stroke, force
- Control valve selection
- Pressure and flow ratings
- Proportional valve selection
- Pressure, flow and speed of response
In short, Mecelec Design Ltd has considerable expertise backed by many years of experience in designing hydraulic systems for use in a wide range of industry sectors. Please contact us today for more information.